Week 5 Learning Journal
- Smart health monitoring system: (IoT + AI), I'm not entirely sure how I could pull this off since my initial idea would require hardware that collects information(heart rate, sleep patterns, etc.), but it would be specifically geared towards people with existing conditions. Using AI algorithms, I could potentially provide insights, detect anomalies, or even suggest improvements. This is a bit tricky as the aforementioned hardware would be the difficult portion to attain.
- Systems/Infrastructure Data Project: Data collection/scalability. If the top one is unattainable, I would probably gear towards data management in a similar arena, something in health. This could be paired with an app(mobile or web) that would collect data via user input, and it would be built with scalability in mind. There is a ton of medical data that could potentially be collected.
- AR project: This is probably the most ambitious, and I am not sure exactly that I have an idea fleshed out. However, I would like to do something in AR that is useful, not like displaying an image of a hot dog on a countertop.
Part 3: Reflection
I am not planning to pursue internships during the remainder of my education because I already work in a technical environment and hope to leverage my computer science studies to move into a full-stack software-focused role. This approach allows me to apply the skills and knowledge I gain directly in a real-world setting, building practical experience while continuing my academic growth. While I recognize the value of further education, I am still unsure about pursuing graduate school. Completing a master's program would require a significant time commitment, and balancing full-time work with graduate-level studies could be extremely challenging. I am not certain I could dedicate the additional two/three years necessary to complete a graduate program while maintaining my professional and personal responsibilities.For now, my focus is on successfully finishing my bachelor's degree, consolidating the skills I've learned, and applying them effectively in my current role. By doing so, I can demonstrate my capability as a software engineer and continue to grow professionally. This path allows me to gain hands-on experience and develop a deeper understanding of software development practices while keeping my long-term options open regarding graduate studies. At this stage, advancing my career internally, strengthening my technical abilities, and making meaningful contributions in my current role feels like the most practical and rewarding approach. I want to ensure that I can retain and apply what I learn before deciding whether pursuing graduate education is the right next step

Comments
Post a Comment