Week 7 Learning Journal
Final Video Project
This past week, we worked together on our video project via Zoom. We decided to split the work so that each of us could handle a different portion, which allowed everyone to bring their own personality into the final product. I don’t have much experience with video, so I relied on InVideo AI to create my graphics, but the rest of the team and I wrote our own scripts and recorded our own voiceovers. Overall, the process went fairly smoothly. I have to admit that video editing isn’t my favorite, so it wasn’t the most enjoyable part for me, but I'll appreciate seeing how our pieces will come together. If I had more time, I think I would try to be more creative and experiment a bit more with visuals and transitions. Even with the challenges, it was rewarding to contribute something that felt uniquely mine while still fitting into the group’s overall vision.
Week's Material Reflection
Harvard Podcast:
I was struck by the depth of thought behind emerging technologies. It made me reflect on how quickly AI is advancing and how much responsibility developers, universities, and society have in guiding it. I appreciated the discussion about observation, humility, and balancing innovation with careful oversight. The idea of ethics being embedded in the design process rather than tacked on afterward really resonated with me, and it made me think about the long-term consequences of the technology we create.
Life or Death PowerPoint:
The “Life or Death by PowerPoint” talk was both hilarious and insightful. I couldn’t stop laughing at the absurd font meanings and the excessive charts, yet it also made me realize how easy it is to lose an audience with poor visual design. It reminded me that clarity, simplicity, and thoughtful organization are more effective than flashy effects or overcrowded slides. I want to be much more intentional with how I present ideas visually after hearing this.
Learning about Moore’s Law and advanced chipmaking in the Netherlands left me thinking about the physical and environmental limits of technology. The machines themselves are incredible, but the energy, cost, and resource demands are enormous. It made me reflect on how innovation can’t just be about speed and efficiency, it also has to account for sustainability, long-term feasibility, and ethical use.
Visual aids and props:
Finally, the visual aids and props guide reinforced the practical side of presentations. I liked the emphasis on supporting your message rather than distracting from it. Standing to the side of a chart, keeping lists short, and using props appropriately all feel like simple, actionable ways to make communication more effective. It made me really consider how small adjustments can have a big impact on the audience and help in their understanding of presentation material.

Comments
Post a Comment