Week 7/8 Journal

Looking back at HW1, I realize how differently I would approach it now compared to the beginning of the semester. One of the biggest changes is that I would start by making a clear plan before writing any code. Early in the term, I often rushed into implementation and tried to fix problems as they appeared. Now, I understand the value of slowing down and thinking through the problem first. I would map out classes, responsibilities, and data flow before touching the keyboard. I would also place a much stronger emphasis on overall architecture instead of focusing on syntax details too early. This shift has helped me write cleaner code and feel more confident in my decisions. Overall, I feel like I have grown into thinking more like a software engineer rather than just a student completing assignments.

One major victory for me is my improved understanding of Java and working with a strongly typed language. Concepts like classes, methods, and data types, and OOP overall feel far more natural now. Another important area of growth is Android development. Being able to build an app from start to finish made the material feel real and practical, and it showed me how programming connects to real users. I also improved my time management skills, especially when breaking larger projects into smaller steps and pacing my work. As the semester comes to an end, I feel proud of how far I have come and grateful for the foundation this class has given me moving forward.

Comments

Popular Posts